ENCORE DANCING NEWS
LAST DAY OF CLASSES
SATURDAY JUNE 17TH
RECITAL PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
Our annual production is held at Hempfield High School (directions are available at the front desk) on June 23RD, 24TH, & 25TH
EVENING DRESS REHEARSAL
Rehearsal for our Friday evening performance will be held on Tuesday, June 20th at Hempfield High School. Students should arrive by 2:45 p.m. in their first costume. Rehearsal begins at 3:30 p.m.
Rehearsal for our Saturday evening performance will be held on Thursday, June 22nd at Hempfield High School. Students should arrive by 2:45 p.m. in their first costume. Rehearsal begins at 3:30 p.m.
MATINEE DRESS REHEARSAL
Rehearsal for our SATURDAY matinee will be held on Wednesday, June 21st at Hempfield High School. Students should arrive by 12:45 p.m. in their first costume and rehearsal will begin at 1:30.
Rehearsal for our SUNDAY matinee will be held on Wednesday, June 21st at Hempfield High School. Students should arrive by 4:45 in their first costume and rehearsal will begin at 5:30.
ENCORE’S DRESS REHEARSAL AND RECITAL PROCEDURES
• ALL STUDENTS ARE TO ENTER AT THE BACK DOORS OF THE THEATER
• ARRIVE DRESSED IN FIRST COSTUME
• ENTER AUDITORIUM & SIT IN ROW OF FIRST ROUTINE – If you are not sure of the name of your child’s routines, please check the costume book or ask their instructor.
• STUDENTS CAN LEAVE DRESS REHEARSAL ONCE THEY ARE DONE.
• PARENTS ARE TO SIT IN THE MEZZANINE AND LOGE AREAS ONLY FOR DRESS REHEARSAL
• VIDEO TAPING IS ALLOWED AT DRESS REHEARSAL ONLY
• STUDENTS ARE TO ENTER BACK DOORS OF AUDITIORIUM WITH ONE PARENT ONLY
• STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE DURING THE SHOW!
• NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED BACKSTAGE
• PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING
• EACH CLASS IS ASSIGNED TWO ASSISTANTS TO HELP WITH COSTUME CHANGES, BATHROOM BREAKS AND ENTERTAINMENT
• STUDENTS ARE ABLE TO WATCH THE SHOW BACKSTAGE ON TV
• IF ANYONE OTHER THEN THE STUDENT’S GUARDIANS WILL BE PICKING THEM UP FROM DRESS REHEARSAL OR THE SHOW (GRANDPARENTS, AUNTS, FRIENDS, ETC.). YOU MUST FILL OUT A “PICK UP RELEASE FORM” AT THE FRONT DESK.
• IF WE DO NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE FORMS, WE WILL NOT RELEASE YOUR CHILD!
• WE WILL REQUIRE WHOEVER IS PICKING UP YOUR CHILD TO SHOW PROPER ID AND SIGN THEM OUT!
• STUDENTS WILL BE RELEASED AT THE END OF THE MATINEE SHOWS TO DESIGNATED PICK UP AREAS
• PLEASE EXIT THE BUILDING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
• WE WOULD APPRECIATE IF ALL FAMILY MEMBERS, OTHER THAN PARENTS TO WAIT OUTSIDE THE BUILDING AFTER THE SHOW.
PLEASE TAKE PICTURES OUTSIDE!
Friday evening – Performance time 6:30
Students arrive at 5:45
Doors open – 6:00
Saturday Matinee – Performance time -12:30
Students arrive at 11:45
Doors open – 12:00
Saturday Evening – Performance time -5:00
Students arrive at 4:15
Doors open at 4:30
Sunday Matinee – Performance time – 1:30
Students arrive at 12:45
Doors open at 1:00
Tickets will be available on-line until
Wednesday, June 21st at 8:00 am
ALL SHOWS: $19.00
DOOR PRICE: $21.00
RECITAL CHECK LIST
COSTUMES: Please do not wait until the last minute to adjust or alter costumes. If you have any questions on how straps are sewn or how a headpiece should be worn, please check with your instructor. Also check on shoe and tight color.
HAVE YOUR NAME IN EVERY ITEM – SHOES, GLOVES, ETC.
Please wear full make-up and no underwear. Please have in your dance bag: bobby pins, safety pins, rubber bands, Tylenol, hair nets, hair spray, deodorant, feminine products and baby powder.
Please be on time for dress rehearsals and performances. We ask for your patience especially during dress rehearsal. Rehearsals usually present unexpected problems with lighting, sound etc. You may pack something to eat and drink. Please do not eat or drink in your costume, in the auditorium or classrooms. Students are free to leave rehearsal when they have finished practicing. Videotaping and pictures are allowed at dress rehearsals only.
I appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Don’t forget to hand in your fall registration form. As of June 1st the registration fee is $25.00.
Sarah Bierly, Jillian Black, Madyson Bryan, Kayla DelValle, Ally Fulginiti, Kirsten Hertzog, Allie High, Katie Hyrb, Rachael Loretan, Joanna Neikirk, Skylar Poehner, Hannah Rongione, Kennedy Root, Rebekah Sipe, Rachael Smith, Elizabeth Wardwell, Mary Zynn
Don’t forget to register for our summer camps, intensives and classes!!
780 EDEN ROAD :: LANCASTER, PA 17601 :: 717.569.1828 :: EDC1@PTD.NET