About Kristen Zimmerman
Three Phrases that Describe my Dance Background:
- I started dancing at Encore when Alvina opened the studio at the age of 2 1/2.
- In high school my friend Amanda and I taught tap lessons to the Manheim Central football team! Tap is GREAT for fast footwork and agilities!
- In College I was co founder and co choreographer of the Expressions Dance Team, which still exists at Barry University to this day! I had the honor of choreographing and co directing the Miami child outreach program called Safety Kids for inner city youth. While at Barry University I was the assistant choreographer for the production of Pippin.
My Role at Encore Dance Center:
Instructor, Director of Assistants and Encore Performance Company Makeup Artist Extraordinaire
Dance Classes I Teach:
- Ballet Dance Classes
- Tap Dance Classes
- Lyrical Dance Classes
- Modern Dance Classes
- Hip Hop Dance Classes
I currently have 3 jobs!
- Encore Dance Instructor
- I have my own Rodan and Fields skincare business.
- I am the Lancaster Catholic Dance Team coach and have been since its inception.
Favorite Encore Recital:
Flashback (1996) This was my favorite show because it was the 1st time I was in 4 jazz dances. Alvina knew 2 of my all time favorite dances she had choreographed in the past were Thriller and Newsies. I was so lucky she invited me to do those dances with her other class!
When I'm not at Encore:
Spending time with my friends and family and traveling any and everywhere possible. You can also run into me at all kinds of live music events, big and small especially ones outside! Oh yea and when the weather is nice you will also find me Geocaching (you should try it)